We are delighted to welcome you the Beach Hotel, Downings.
Caring for our guests and employees is what we do best and we will be following official protocol regarding sanitisation of all areas of the Hotel and adhering to social distancing rules.
- Signage is in place in all areas to remind our guests and customers to maintain social distancing, and our team are trained to ensure we are compliant at all times
- We have limited seating in our bar and restaurant area to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests. Due to this all meal times will need to be booked in advance
- Please make your reservation in advance at reception or by dialling 0 from the telephone in your room.
Cleaning and Sanitising
- Hand sanitising stations are installed at all entrances and exits and we ask that you use it on arrival and departure
- We recommend you wash your hands at regular intervals and there are sanitising stations throughout the Hotel
- Regular and frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be carried out in all public areas with particular attention to high touch areas such as elevator buttons, door handles, front desk counter and room keys
- Proper and frequent hand washing will be practiced by all members of staff and masks will be worn
- We advise only one guest to check in at reception to help maintain social distancing
- Guests will be emailed prior to arrival to confirm details in order to speed up the check-in process
- An express check out option is available upon request
- When accessing your room we advise you do not share the elevator with anyone other than the persons you are sharing your room with
- We recommend you use the stairs to access your room when possible
- Breakfast times are 8am, 9am, 10am. 45 minutes is allocated for your breakfast time to facilitate all guests comfortably while maintaining social distance. Please make your reservation when you check in. Time slots will be given on a first come first serve basis at check in. Please keep to you reserved time as we cannot guarantee your table if you are late.
- We will continue with our high standard of cleaning in our rooms with extra emphasis on high touch areas to ensure the room is fully sanitised between stays
- Extra time will be allotted to staff to carry out cleaning
- For multiple night stays our Housekeeping team will not enter your room unless requested. Should you require clean towels please leave your used towels outside your room before 12pm – a bag is provided in your bathroom. Please place the towels in the bag and tie it securely. Fresh towels will be bagged replaced outside your room
- Please leave your bin bag, securely tied; outside the door should it need emptied. Replacement bags will be in your room
- We have reduced the items in our rooms to eliminate unnecessary touch points. Magazines, menus, guest directories and brochures are available on request
- Tea and coffee making facilities have been left in your room for your convenience, please request tea, coffee, milk, sugar and biscuits from reception to use these facilities
- If you require extra toilet roll please call reception
- Your Guest information book is available at reception or our reception team will be happy to answer any questions you may have
- Late check out is currently suspended and our NEW check out time is 11:30am sharp
- Room Service is currently suspended
Bar & Restaurant
- We have increased cleaning in our Kitchen, Bar, Restaurant and all preparation areas. All surfaces are regularly sanitised
- We use approved cleaning agents and staff are provided with all necessary PPE
- We are using single use menus and napkins in all areas
- Guests are asked to remain seated in the Bar & Restaurant area and table service will be provided
- Our Bar menu is available digitally. You can view it on our website or when you are your table in the bar or lounge scan the QR code with your camera. We also have printed copies on request
- Booking is essential for Bar Food. Guidelines recommend table allocation for 1 hour 45mins. Alcohol may only be served with an order of food. Minimum order per person is €9
What you can do to help:
- Should you present with any symptoms of Corona Virus or feel unwell during your stay we kindly ask that you stay in your bedroom and contact our Reception team by dialling “0”. We will arrange for a Doctor to contact you and they will provide further instructions.
- If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the reception by phone and ask to speak to the manager on duty.
We recommend that you wear a face covering while navaigating throughout the Hotel. All of our staff wear a face covering where a screen is not present.
We thank you for helping us navigate through this new normal and hope you enjoy your stay.
Reservations and Reception team,
on behalf of Charlie & Mairead McClafferty
Please Note: The Beach Hotel has a full list of protocols to follow should a colleague or guest become ill. These guidelines do not constitute legal advice and are purely for guidance.
Beach Public: Beach20201
Beach Guest: BEACHHOTEL
Bar food served daily 1-9:30pm – Booking essential